In this article, we will explain the reasons why Reels are not showing on your Instagram app after an update and provide solutions to help you fix it.
Instagram Reels is a feature within the Instagram app that allows users to create and share short, entertaining videos. They are similar to TikTok’s short-form video format and provide an opportunity for users to showcase their creativity, share moments, and engage with their audience.
Although Instagram Reels is popular for sharing short videos and engaging with followers, however, after a recent update, some users have reported issues with Reels not showing up on their Instagram feeds.
Before we proceed with the solutions to the Reels issue, let’s quickly assess the reasons why it occurs in the first place.
Why Are Reels Not Showing on Instagram After the Update?
Below are the reasons why Reels are missing after updating your Instagram app:
1. Issue With the Recent Instagram Update
One possible reason for Reels not showing up could be due to a recent update by Instagram. Updates often introduce new features, bug fixes, and improvements. However, occasionally, they can also bring along unintended consequences, such as the disappearance of certain features.
2. Cache and Data Issues
Another common cause for Reels not appearing on Instagram is cache and data-related problems. The app’s cache stores temporary files to help the app load faster. Over time, the cache can accumulate unnecessary data, which may interfere with the proper functioning of the app.
3. Account Settings and Privacy
Instagram offers various privacy settings that allow users to control who can view their content. If your Reels are not showing up, it’s worth checking your account settings to ensure they are not inadvertently set to private or restricted.
Using relevant hashtags and engaging captions is essential to maximize the visibility of your Reels. If you’re not seeing your Reels on Instagram, it’s possible that you’re not using the right hashtags or captions to reach your target audience effectively.
Shadowbanning is a practice where Instagram limits the visibility of certain accounts or content without explicitly notifying the user. If your Reels consistently receive low engagement or violate Instagram’s community guidelines, it’s possible that your account has been shadowbanned, resulting in reduced visibility.
How to Fix Reels Showing on Instagram After the Update
Here are the steps to fix the issue of Reels not showing on Instagram after an update:
1. Clear Instagram App Cache
- On your mobile device, go to the settings.
- Find the Instagram app and select it.
- Look for the option to clear cache or storage.
- Tap on “Clear Cache” or “Clear Storage” (the wording may vary depending on your device).
- Restart the Instagram app and check if Reels are now visible.
2. Re-check for an Update
- Open your device’s app store (Google Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS).
- Search for “Instagram” and see if another update is available.
- If an update is available, tap on the “Update” button next to the Instagram app.
- Wait for the update to complete, then open the Instagram app and check if Reels are showing up.
3. Check Account Settings and Privacy
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner to access the menu.
- Select “Settings” at the bottom of the menu.
- Go to “Privacy” and ensure that your account is set to “Public” if you want your Reels to be visible to everyone.
- Adjust any other privacy settings according to your preferences.
- When creating or editing a Reel, make sure to include relevant hashtags in the caption.
- Research popular hashtags in your niche using Instagram’s search function.
- Choose hashtags that are specific to your content and have a significant number of posts associated with them.
- Craft engaging captions that provide context and encourage viewers to interact with your Reels.
5. Follow Community Guidelines and Engage with Your Audience
- Make sure your Reels adhere to Instagram’s community guidelines to avoid any restrictions.
- Respond to comments on your Reels and engage with your audience.
- Interact with other users’ content by liking, commenting, and following accounts in your niche.
- Use Instagram’s interactive features, such as polls, questions, and stickers, to encourage audience engagement.
If your Reels are not showing up on Instagram after the recent update, there are several potential reasons and corresponding solutions to consider. Start by clearing the app’s cache, updating Instagram to the latest version, and check your account settings and privacy preferences. Additionally, optimize your Reels with relevant hashtags and engaging captions to increase their visibility. Finally, ensure that you comply with Instagram’s community guidelines to avoid potential shadowbanning.
Remember, Instagram is continually evolving, and occasional issues may arise. By staying proactive and following the suggestions provided in this article, you can increase the chances of your Reels appearing on Instagram and continue engaging with your followers through this exciting feature.