In this guide, we will provide step-by-step instructions on resolving the “Some of your game files have been detected to have no signatures” error in CS2.
Are you a regular player of Counter Strike 2 (CS2) who has recently encountered the Valve Anti Cheat (VAC) warning message?
The error message goes like this:
“Some of your game files have been detected to have no signatures or invalid signatures”. “You will not be allowed to join VAC secure servers”. “Please verify your launch options, check the correctness of your game installation, restart the game, and try again”.
However, there’s no need to worry because we’re here to assist you in resolving this issue.
What Causes “Some of your game files have been detected to have no signatures” in CS2?
Valves Anti Cheat system, commonly referred to as VAC, plays a role in CS2. Its primary purpose is to identify and prevent the use of cheating software or any unauthorized modifications.
However, there are instances where it may mistakenly trigger this error message. The bright side is that this problem is usually temporary and can be resolved by following a few steps.
How to Fix “Some of your game files have been detected to have no signatures” in CS2
Solution 1: Verify Game Files
If you come across this error, one of the things to consider is verifying the integrity of your game files. Follow these steps:
- Open your Steam Library and find Counter Strike 2 in your game collection.
- Right-click on Counter Strike 2 and choose “Properties.”
- Within the Properties window, go to the “Installed Files” tab.
- Click on “Verify integrity of game files.”
This will help to scan your game files and make sure they are all complete and unaffected by any damage. If any problems are detected, Steam will automatically replace the files with fresh ones.
Solution 2: Toggle Administrator Mode
Sometimes if you’re experiencing the VAC error while running CS2, you can try toggling between administrator mode and regular mode. Follow these steps to make the changes:
- Go back to your Steam Library and right-click on Counter Strike 2.
- Select “Properties” again. In the Properties window, navigate to the “Installed Files” tab.
- Click on “Browse” to open the games installation folder.
- Right-click on the Counter Strike application within this folder and choose “Properties.”
- In the Compatibility tab, you’ll find an option that says: “Run this program as an administrator.” Depending on its state (checked or unchecked) you can tick or untick this box accordingly.
- Now give it a try by launching CS2 again.
Solution 3: Launch from Steam Library
If the problem continues, you can attempt to start CS2 from your Steam Library. This approach may occasionally bypass the VAC error especially if it is triggered by an update. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Steam and go to your Steam Library.
- Find Counter Strike 2 in your Library and launch it from there.
The “You have encountered game files with incorrect signatures” error in CS2 can be resolved by following the steps mentioned earlier and returning to enjoying your game.
If none of the solutions prove effective for you, you should check for any updates to resolve this problem.